Public Consultation Proposed Assessment Report
Monday, Mar. 29, 2010
The posting of the Proposed Assessment Report is an important step in developing a drinking water source protection plan for the Essex Region Source Protection Area. Included in the Source Protection Area are the municipal water systems of Windsor (A.H. Weeks WTP), Amherstburg, Belle River, Essex (Harrow-Colchester WTP), Pelee Island, Stoney Point, Union WTP (Ruthven), and Wheatley.
The Proposed Assessment Report includes:
- The identification of vulnerable areas associated with municipal drinking water sources
- The types of activities which would be considered threats in those vulnerable areas
- Water quality issues associated with the raw (untreated) water to municipal drinking water system which could be addressed through source protection planning
- A water budget which assesses areas where the quantity of water available may be stressed
- General background material which might be useful in the upcoming development of the Source Protection Plan
The Assessment Report is available at:
- Essex Region Conservation Authority, 360 Fairview Avenue, Suite 311, Essex (8:30am to 4:30pm)
- Or a CD can be mailed to you
Submit Written Comments:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519-776-8688
Mail: Essex Region Conservation Authority, 360 Fairview Avenue West, Suit 311, Essex, ON, N8M 1Y6.
Attention: Stan Taylor, Project Manager, Source Water Protection
Comments must be received on or before April 26, 2010
Cette lettre est disponible en francais sur demande.